2007-10-13

Fabric Heaven

(See Amy-chan, I told you I was spoiled)

A package arrived in the mail about 10 days ago and I was stunned to see the antique kimono silk (above) folded neatly inside. On a delicate piece of seasonally appropriate stationary (momeji, of course) was a letter about a new boy and a lucky find at a flea market. She always knows what to send to put me in the best mood.

Then on Wednesday my two bosses came back from a recruiting trip to Tokyo. Before they left I had hinted to Chris that they would be passing through the Kichijoji station with the 7 floor Yuzawaya (which Marisa mentioned here ), but I didn't think he'd remember the name or the cute knitting ram symbol on the signs, let alone actually go there and buy fabric for me. But as I mentioned before, Mr. O, a Tokyo native, knows quite well my passion for handicrafts, so when I dropped him the hint, I knew he would know exactly what I was talking about.

Thank you, thank you, Mr. O.

Chris came back with 2 meters of this fabulous green and cream print: And Mr. O brought me a meter of this:

(the colors are perfect, aren't they?)

And small cuts of these:
(plus one more I didn't photograph)

What will I do with it all? The antique kimono silk will make a nice table runner, but the others will take some time to tell me what they want to be. For now I'll just pet them nicely and appreciate how lucky I am to work for people who know me so well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. The fabrics are beautiful. Enjoy them

dot said...

You are a lucky girl. These fabrics are wonderful. Enjoy them and I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Sarah said...

What great fabrics. No wonder you're so pelased.

a said...

Those are beautiful fabrics! What nice gifts!

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful!! :) yay for lovely stash acquisitions.

Nettie said...

Oh, lucky you! i used to live in Tokyo, before i was a quilter, and fell in love with the washi, the paper that looks like kimono silks. Wish someone would bring back some of that for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails