2007-12-30

2007 Epilogue Meme

my 100th post in 2007, yay!it's time to look at this year in review. Since 2001 I had an account over at Livejournal and every year we (my college friends & family) would do an epilogue meme at the end of the year. I have changed it up a bit to make it more crafty, feel free to post it on your blog too.


2007

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I lost my sister.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any. In 2008 I will try not to buy any fabric and I want to sew something everyday.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Waka had little Haru, Julie had Spencer, Yiota had Katerina, Myrtise had Analise, Adrienne had Dietrich, I think that's it.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Theresa on July 2. My father-in-law on July 26.
5. What countries did you visit?
Japan, Greece (and the airports in Spain and Germany)
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I had a pretty full year. I think I'd like 2008 to have less heart ache and more laughter.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 2nd, see above.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Oh, so many.. I entered quilts in our quilt show. I made 3 quilts for Christmas presents. I applied and was accepted to grad school (yay!). I didn't buy any fabric in December.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I want to call any of my experiences failures at this point.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too bad.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Big: Plane tix to Japan
Small: a new iron
12. What was your most expensive craft-related purchase? Fabric shopping spree in Japan.
And your "best deal"? Fabric Place's 65% off sale just before they closed the Randolph store. I think I got 14 yards of fabric for $50.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Japan.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? sadder
Older or wiser? wiser
Thinner or fatter? the same
Richer or poorer? richer
15. Is your stash bigger or smaller? bigger
16. Is your scrap bucket emptier or more full? tough call, the mile a minute blocks ate up a lot, but then I got a lot of scraps too, I think it's more full.
17. Is your UFO pile bigger or smaller? bigger
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? walking
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? shopping
20. Where did you spend most of your time online? Bloglines, yahoo, blogger, flickr.
21. What was your best web discovery of the year? this week I discovered facebook...
22. What was your greatest craft related discovery? Quilt Patis
23. Who/what inspired you this year? just about all of the 60+ bloggers that I read regularly. The heart stopping inspiration though came from the 2007 Tokyo International Quilt show photos from Moonstitches and moving hands.
24. What was your favorite craft project (made by someone else)? Moonstitches' wool owls.
25. What was your favorite craft project (made by you)? English paper pieced diamonds.
26. What was the best book you read? Time Traveler's Wife
27. And the best craft book/magazine? I got so many good ones in Japan...
28. What did you want and get? International travel (yay Japan!)
29. What did you want and not get? A baby
30. What was your favorite film of this year? The Namesake
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? getting to spend my summer break at home and quilting.
32. What kept you sane? quilting. the internet.
33. Who did you miss? My sisters.
34. Who was the best new person you met? The best friends I made from people I already knew are Jamie & Mayu
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: Sometimes life isn't as long as we think it is going to be.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Where are you on Facebook. I am also there. I enjoy your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails