2006-11-05

Making lemonade from lemons

or should I say applesauce from apples?

I really like how the apple print turned out as the border. I originally chose the yellow because it's A's favorite color (or had been through our entire childhood) and I thought her husband looked like a "blue" sort of guy. The apple print has nice bright yellows and blues, but also a healthy dose of green-- like two people blending into one happy married couple.

I've got all the fixings to layer and baste this one, but I can't say I'm in the mood to do that tonight. Yesterday I did manage to sew the binding on to the front of the Postcard Stripe, but I've stalled on that one too. finishing off the binding is one of my favorite parts of quiltmaking, but maybe I'll save that for another day too. Tonight I'm listening to Astrud Gilberto instead of watching TV and just waiting for the right project to call to me.

Tomorrow night there's a Quilt Show mtg. at Marie's. I'm not looking forward to such a long day, but I suppose I've relaxed enough this weekend.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

beautiful! Did you cut the yellow fabric like you would a paper snowflake? And how is that Astrid CD? Is it in Portuguese? I've read about her, but I don't know that I've ever heard her music.

Related Posts with Thumbnails