I changed my rotary cutter's blade today and wow. I can't believe I had been trying to make this quilt with such a dull tool. Slicing speed definitely picked up after the change. I still need some 300- 2.5" squares but I wanted to piece some sashing strips first to see how the colors are balancing out. I don't know which fabrics to cut next..
I love how this quilt is coming out, but 2" square sashing is HELL. beautiful, but so annoying. If I didn't want this quilt on my bed so badly (and hadn't already made an appointment to go see the long armer on the 25th) it probably would end up as a fast and forgotten UFO. I will plod along though. Tomorrow I'm going fabric shopping to search for a suitable backing and binding. Wish me luck~