2007-05-27

May 27th


So this is what I've been working on for the past month. I pick it up and put it down, it's usually sitting on the loveseat in front of the couch and I'll either baste one star or attach one star at night after work. It goes kind of slow, but it seems faster than other hand work I've tried. I think because all the pieces are the same shape and I've cut out all my patches already there is no prep work to put me in a lull, you know? It's a very portable project, great for airports and planes. I think I'd like to make it twice as big as it is now, and add a 5" border (which I'll probably do soon because I'm running out of the plastic templates..). It'll make a nice baby quilt. Now somebody just needs to get pregnant..
And a quick thank you to Dutch Blue's whose amazing and informative post (here) inspired me to start this project.
*another blogger posted about making templates from margarine tub lids, and I'd like to thank her too, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. if you know, please comment so I can give her credit! thanks.
*

9 comments:

corry said...

That's gorgeous, I like the colors!! Thank you Jessica for your nice compliment.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! great colors!

The Calico Cat said...

Nice - you do realize that you can remove & reuse the template once you have all of the sides sewn together... (Once you have gone arounf all 4 sides.)

Margarine lids is an old trick, but I think the most current mention was Liesl st Disdressed. My grand mother has used margarine tubs like that since the 70's! (After using them to hold leftovers & lunches FOREVER!)

Jenny said...

I am working with the same pattern. It is very small though. I am really enjoying it and look forward to seeing yours progress.

Anonymous said...

9XxAh0 The best blog you have!

Anonymous said...

JgP0Ed Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Related Posts with Thumbnails