2007-02-24

Work in progress, Feb. 24th

And the next project has taken ahold of me. I've been cutting out fan blades for the last week, still somehow obsessed with this pattern that tends to drive me crazy. It's very satisfying to cut into fabrics that you've cherished for ages though. A lot of good memories in here. I'll point out some of the special ones with notes over at flickr.
Trying to keep a light and cheerful mood even though we got some heavy bad news this week. Countless phonecalls back and forth to Greece, more plane tickets purchased, and diving head first into another phase of life with my husband. I'm clinging to quilting to keep me balanced and at peace. Sorry, I really don't think it's the right time to go into more detail here. Close friends are welcome to email me though.

4 comments:

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I can't wait to see this one put together. I like pink and green. If the world is troubling, quilting is a wonderful, productive way to leave it for a while...take care...smile

carrster said...

Those fabrics are lovely. I'm glad you have such an artistic & creative outlet to keep you grounded during difficult times! Hope everything's okay.

African Kelli said...

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts.
The quilting is beautiful. Can't wait to watch it come together!

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous beginning; looks to be a great quilt. Hoping all is well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails