2007-02-07

if I were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring one thing...

well, after the essentials like food, water, something to make fire, and a big thick quilt in progress, i could be content for the rest of my days so long as I had a few of these:

These are the two most recent additions to my collection, purchased at Tumbleweed Quilts 2 weeks ago. Sadly, Tumbleweed doesn't get them as soon as they come out, so I wasn't able to get the January 2007 issue, but Sept & Nov 2006 made me just as happy. Especially the September issue.. celebrating 20 years of being in print.. they have quilts made by quilt groups in each prefecture of Japan, what a wonderful way for me to review Japanese geography~

There is also a section on the 10 best issues, and highlighted quilters from over the years. Costas and I both liked this one:

Maybe I'll have to add it to my list of quilts to make in the next 10 years..

So, I'm stuck at home, waiting for the repairman again. Now the ceiling leak is actually dripping down onto the floor (at first there was just a huge watermark on the ceiling). Hopefully he'll show up soon. Until then I thought I could sew something or mess around online.

Actually, I'm in the mood to take an inventory of all my Quilts Japan issues... hmm.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails