2010-08-22

Travel Quilt #2 has 276 stars!

This is not the post I had in mind for today, but I just left a comment on Julie's blog sharing my knowledge and love of Quilt Patis templates and thought that it was about time to show the progress on Travel Quilt #2.
I actually worked on it for a few minutes yesterday-- basting one edge so I could pop out the hexagon templates for another English paper piecing project, but the task of appliqueing the center to the border is still a little daunting (in how much time it will take, not it the actual sewing involved) and I haven't been ready to tackle that just yet.

Anyway, earlier this month I was invited to demonstrate my EPP technique at the local library's quilt group.  Connie was nice enough to take pictures of me, but I wish I would have staged them a bit better to show more of the quilt.

I showed off Travel Quilts #2 & 3, and then had the ladies each take a template, 2 paper clips, and a piece of fabric and then taught them how to baste with just 5 backstitches.  A lot of them had done EPP in the past and tried to do running stitches or looked puzzled that they couldn't stitch through the plastic.  Connie nicely referred them to the video on my blog sidebar, which I sent along to Julie this morning.  It's not perfect, but it has helped some people, so why not share?
It was nice to get out for an evening of quilting, I hadn't done that it a long time.  It seems my time as the president of the Silver City guild is such a loooong time in the past.. I think it would be nice to join a local guild again.  Maybe I can try again now that George is a bit older... wish me luck~

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

I love it! What is the pattern for travel quilt #3?

Leslie said...

Hooray! Someone is continuing to teach EPP. For some reason it's important to me that the old methods be kept alive. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails