2009-03-12

Locks of Love

Since the new year, I noticed that I was losing more and more hair each time I brushed or washed it. Not just the typical 3 or 4 strands, but piles of hair. I'd run my fingers through it and come out with a handful of hair (10-15 strands). This upset me, of course (who wouldn't be upset by losing their hair?), so I called the OBGYN and changed my multivitamin from an over the counter women's back to the prescription pre-natals. But still, I felt that before I lost anymore, I wanted to donate what I had left. I have friends and cousins who have donated to Locks of Love before, but I never thought I'd 1) cut my long hair or 2) have hair long enough to donate. I'm donating just about 10", which is what they need to make a hairpiece for a sick child. If it's not long enough, they sell the hair to offset the costs of making hairpieces, so either way I'm helping.
The last time I cut my hair this short was about 2 months after my wedding, 5.5 years ago. It feels nice, I've been shaking my head all day. I absolutely hate the "growing it out" stage, but for now I'm not going to think about that. Who knows, I may even go shorter than this...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your haircut!
(And that cutie patootie you're holding!!!)

Peggy E

PJ said...

AWESOME thing to do!!!!!! Your hair is gorgous and will make someone really happy! Your haircut looks so greatto..so youthful and light :)

Anonymous said...

what did you dooooooooo!!

The Calico Cat said...

That is a great photo of you & George...

Quiltgal said...

I have been following your blog for along time. George is darling and your haircut is very cute

Anonymous said...

New mothers always shed a lot of hair in the first year and usually your nails go soft as well. It won't last long and you won't go bald! LOL

Jan said...

I LOVE your new cut! It looks great on you...so fresh!! And what a wonderful cause to support.
That little guy of yours sure is getting big fast. What a cutie.

Sarah said...

I love you hair - it looks great.

wevegotpaper said...

Your hair looks great!

And I know that you already know this, but it's worth mentioning again: your little guy is adorable! <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails