2006-08-27

Tea anyone?

It's so nice to have a relaxing cup of tea and admire my new tea cozy.


Just as I had thought, it turned out very cute and was very hand-stitch intensive. My poor sore fingers~
It is pieced and assembled by machine and hand quilted and finished. The one in the magazine had little rectangle beads on the end of the tie, but as I didn't have any and didn't want to buy any, i scoured my stash of beads (mostly left over from college) and found these that worked out quite nicely.

I'm so happy with it and even more so because it matches my kitchen~

8 comments:

syko kajsa said...

It goes perfect with the mat! I would love a cup of tea!

Anonymous said...

Charming and functional. A perfect combination!

Unknown said...

Cute! Labor-intensive--yes, but what fun to own and use such a charming little object.

Anonymous said...

the spanikopita is a real favorite in our house-thanks for the tutorial. It came out great and, needless to say-it's history. adorable tea cosy too

Amy said...

Very Sweet!

Anonymous said...

This turned out very lovely! Every stitch contributed to the charm of this piece - it was worth the work.

Lauri said...

This is the first tea cozy I've seen that I really like! It's beautiful! Now I might actually make one myself!

devinemom said...

your tea cozy is amazing. quite inspiring if you ask me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails